SPEAKERS ANNOUNCED FOR NATIONAL SHOE RETAILERS ASSOCIATION’S 2015 ANNUAL LEADERSHIP CONFERENCE
Wednesday, September 23, 2015
Posted by: NSRA
Tucson, AZ (September 22, 2015) – The National Shoe Retailers Association is excited to announce the speakers for the association’s Annual Leadership Conference on November 19-20, 2015 in Charleston, South Carolina. The program will be an inspiring and rewarding experience for those committed to effective business leadership. Speakers and their presentation topics have been specifically chosen to refresh and revitalize enthusiasm for retailing success.
“The talented group of speakers selected for this year’s conference range from industry greats to internationally known motivators” said NSRA president Chuck Schuyler, “The presentations will educate and inspire independent retailers, and ultimately will have an impact on the decisions they make every day to keep their businesses strong and to remain competitive in the marketplace.”
Meet our 2015 Annual Leadership Conference speakers:
Randy Brown — Brown’s Enterprises, Certified Pedorthist, NSRA Past Chairman, current board member and past Education Committee Chairman
Master of Ceremonies
Dr. Rick Rigsby — President and CEO, Rick Rigsby Communications, www.rickrigsby.com
The Quest for Greatness
Be empowered to develop a mindset of extraordinary performance and to build organizational value by discovering the competitive advantages of pursuing a Quest for Greatness! Dr. Rigsby will make an impact with the following points:
- In a society characterized by minimal effort and mediocre results, the concept of Greatness has been relegated to the domain of the superficial.
- In reality, True Greatness requires purposeful, intentional and strategic practice.
- The journey to truly superior performance is reserved for the determined, the dedicated and the disciplined.
Marshal Cohen — Chief Industry Analyst, The NPD Group, Inc., www.npd.com
All Consumers Want Is for You to Make Their Lives Better
- Discuss the market share battle between online and brick and mortar in the changing retail landscape.
- Learn what can independent retailers do to meet consumers’ expectations.
- Look at the opportunities to appeal to Millennials and Boomers while getting ready for Gen Z, the next emerging consumer generation.
Dr. Noah Barsky — Professor at Villanova University School of Business, CPA, author
Dollars & $en$e: Making Financial Statements Work For You!
Listen to practical guidance on how to use fundamental financial and cost data to evaluate performance, detail the economic realities of your store, and improve overall decision making. The following questions will be discussed:
- How did your store’s profitability compare to its NSRA industry performance?
- What actions can your store take to improve/maintain inventory turnover?
- How do you define business success for your store in the next three years and how can you most effectively communicate this vision of success to your staff?
Dr. Paul Langer, DPM — Podiatrist, clinical faculty member at University of Minnesota Medical School, lecturer, author, www.paullangerdpm.com
The Footwear Retailers Role in the Health & Wellness Industry: Opportunities for Growth & Profits
- Understand how important healthy feet are in the realm of health, wellness and successful aging.
- Identify how footwear affects foot health both in positive and negative ways.
- Explore how to build relationships with key medical professionals.
- Discuss how footwear retailers are uniquely positioned to be major players in the growing Health and Wellness industry.
Bob Negen — Co-Founder of WhizBang! Training, professional retail speaker, consultant, business coach, and author, www.whizbangtraining.com
- Discover a tremendous opportunity that has emerged for local, independent retailers from the proliferation of formulaic big box stores and impersonal on-line shopping.
- Be prepared to meet the demand for personalized service and artfully crafted customer experiences in order to survive in today’s hyper-competitive retail market.
- Learn how you can reimagine your store and transform your business for success in the new world of retail.
Joe Mechlinski — CEO & Co-Founder of entreQuest, www.joemechlinski.com
For all organizations, in all industries, and of all sizes, growth is a function of the intersections of the relationships of people from the CEO to the client.
- Understand the dynamic between the CEO and the management team that influences the frontline staff, thus impacting the client.
- Determine the quality of these relationships and how the impact can be positive or negative, resulting in growth or downsizing.
- Learn how to create a stronger, more cohesive team, deliver remarkable employee and client experiences, reset and recharge.
- Acquire proven methods to help any organization grow regardless.
In addition to the speakers at NSRA’s Annual Leadership Conference, the association is also announcing the location and sponsorship of the annual “NSRA Gives Back” event with Soles4Souls, providing footwear for those in need.
This year’s conference attendees will fit shoes for students at Mitchell Elementary School, an inner-city school in Charleston, on November 19. Timberland and Soles4Souls have been named co-sponsors of the event, graciously donating their time, plus shoes, socks and financial support. NSRA, Soles4Souls and Timberland expect to fit shoes on 400 to 500 children.
Timberland, a brand of VF Corporation, is a global leader in the design, engineering and marketing of premium-quality footwear, apparel and accessories for consumers who value the outdoors and their time in it. Timberland markets products under the Timberland®, Timberland PRO®, and Timberland Boot Company® brands, all of which offer quality workmanship and detailing and are built to withstand the elements of nature. To learn more about Timberland, please visit www.timberland.com.
Soles4Souls is a global not-for-profit institution committed to fighting the devastating impact and perpetuation of poverty. The organization advances its anti-poverty mission by collecting new and used shoes and clothes from individuals, schools, faith-based institutions, civic organizations and corporate partners, then distributing both via direct donations to people in need and by provisioning qualified micro-enterprise programs designed to create jobs in poor and disadvantaged communities. Visit www.soles4souls.org for more information.
NSRA was founded in 1912 to represent independent shoe retailers and provide their companies with business services, education programs and information resources that help them remain profitable and at the leading edge of retail. For more information, please visit www.nsra.org.
# # #